Client Forms

We want to start by thanking you for your business and taking the time to fill out the many forms required for us to prepare a complete and accurate return for you.  Please review the forms listed below and complete only those applicable to you, using the underlined links.

These forms will be a yearly occurrence so that we can verify your information and keep our records up to date.  In accordance with IRS standards and policies, J-tax-S, Inc. is required to ask many of these questions while preparing your tax return.  If we do not ask these questions and stay in compliance, we can personally be fined $600 per credit/per person or face other penalties.

On our resources page is a tax appointment checklist to help you gather your information for us to prepare your taxes.

Documents we are required to have for everyone are…

(*Prior clients* these items may already be on file)
Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport for taxpayer and spouse
Social Security Cards for each person on return
Birth Certificate for newborn children, children with different last names, and children who are being claimed by a non-parent

Engagement Letter – Must be read and signed by everyone. 

Client Worksheet – Must be filled out by everyone.

Dependent Worksheet – Must be filled out by anyone who has a dependent on their return, if the questions are not answered the same for all children, please fill out additional forms as needed for each child’s circumstances.

Head of Household Worksheet – Must be unmarried (or considered unmarried) and provide more than half the cost of keeping up a home for the year for a qualifying person (child/adult dependent)

Business/Self-Employment Income Form – Own a business, have self-employment income, received a 1099NEC or 1099MISC*

Rental Property Income Form* – One form for each property

Farm Income/Expenses Form*

Higher Education Form – Higher Education Expenses for you or a dependent (including contributions to a 529 Plan). Please complete one form for each person who had Higher Education Expenses

7216 Disclosure and Consent – To give consent to disclose tax information to third parties (examples: anyone 18 or older must complete for parents to discuss info, Mortgage Companies)

*Other than the questions on these, the income/expenses do NOT need complete if you have it similarly documented.